Eyelash Growth Serum
Eyelash Growth Serum
Throughout history, long lashes have always been a symbol of youth and beauty but as we age, they naturally become shorter, sparser and thinner. Longer lashes can change the shape of your face, soften curvatures, widen your eyes and make them appear larger.
Let us bring your lashes back to life with this scientifically researched and clinically proven serum.
What is the eyelash growth serum?
This serum has been developed from a prescription-only medication that was licensed for the treatment of glaucoma in the eyes. Over time, Doctors noticed that their patients had grown longer and thicker lashes as a side effect of use. As a result, this FDA approved medication has been transforming eyelashes in the US and UK for quite some time. At your initial consultation, a comprehensive clinical assessment will be conducted to ensure the suitability of the product, before being prescribed off-license for its cosmetic benefits. The product is called Lumigan® and contains the active ingredient Bimatoprost.
What will this serum do for my eyelashes?
- Your eyelashes will steadily grow longer and thicker, with first noticeable results after as little as 7-14 days
- By 4 weeks they will definitely look different and full results can be seen at 16 weeks where you can expect significantly longer, thicker and darker eyelashes
- Missing eyelashes following removal of eyelash extensions will start to grow back
- Eyelashes lost during chemotherapy or from hypotrichosis may also grow back
- You may find you need to apply less eye make-up, especially mascara
Average results achieved over 16 weeks have shown that lashes have become :
- 25% longer
- 106% thicker
- 18% darker
How does the serum work?
All hair follicles grow at different stages. This serum extends the length of time the individual eyelash spends in the growth (anagen) phase of the hair growth cycle. Typically, the anagen phase lasts 6 weeks, but this serum will extend the growth by up to 25% with regular once-daily application, resulting in thicker, stronger and longer eyelashes that in turn appear darker.
First notable results can be seen after as little as 7 days, but the full effects are evident at 16 weeks. At this stage, the serum can be applied on alternate days to maintain the results.
How do you apply the serum?
Following the clinical assessment and your desire to start the treatment, you will be given an eyelash serum pack. This will contain your serum bottle/s, printed instructions and special single use applicators to apply the serum with. You will be given a demonstration with clear instructions, but it is imperative that you follow the instructions accurately.
After washing your hands, cleanse the eye areas thoroughly. The serum should be applied (using the single use applicator) every night, to the base of the upper lashes only. The serum should NOT be applied to the lower eyelid.
Who is unsuitable for this serum?
Patients under 18 years of age
Patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding
Please inform us if any of these conditions apply to you :
- You have any breathing problems
- You have liver or kidney problems
- You have had a cataract surgery in the past
- You have dry eyes
- You have or have had any problems with your cornea (front transparent part of the eye)
- You wear contact lenses
- You have or have had low blood pressure or low heart rate
- You have had a viral infection or inflammation of the eye
- You have ocular hypertension
Are there any side effects?
As with any prescription only medication, side effects can occur.
The most common side effects are:
- Slight redness of the eyelid
- Itchiness/ irritation
- Darker skin around the eye
- Blurred vision
- Dry eyes
These side effects reduce over time and can be avoided with correct application of the product. Accidental continued incidence of getting the serum into the eye itself can possibly induce a side effect of causing increased brown iris pigmentation of the coloured part of the eye, which is likely to be permanent. This is extremely rare but getting the serum into the eye should always be avoided.